Pre stretch film is one of the largest growing segments in the stretch film industry. Many companies are moving towards this film to save money and take advantage of the other benefits it has to offer. We are going to take a look at what pre stretch film is and how your company can benefit from using it.
Pre Stretch Film- Most all major stretch film manufacturers have began to make a form of pre stretch film. Due to rising resin costs, pre stretch film is worth considering. It is a standard gauged stretch film stretched up to 80%-90% full stretch potential and then wound on to a core for use. The film is made from either cast or blown stretch film depending on the manufacturer.
The ability to have the film “pre stretched” before placed on the roll offers a variety of advantages over traditional gauged stretch film. Below are some of those advantages and how the can benefit your company.
1. Full Stretch Potential- A common problem with most standard gauged stretch film is the user fails to reach the maximum stretch potential of the film. Some hand stretch films offer up to a 200% stretch rate. For someone applying the stretch film by hand, it takes maximum effort to pull hard enough to reach the full stretch potential.
2. Less Energy To Apply- Whether using hand or machine pre stretch film, less energy will be used when applying. When applying manually, workers will have less fatigue and risk of injury. Pre stretch allows workers to walk forward and pull less when applying the film instead of backwards. When using a machine, less electrical energy will be used to apply the film because of the lower tension settings required.
3. Lighter Weight Rolls- Pre stretch film comes on lighter weight rolls. These rolls make it easier for workers and shipping costs less.
4. Same Benefits of Standard Gauged Film- Pre stretch film offers many of the same benefits standard gauged stretch film rolls offer. Qualities that are important in a stretch film. It still offers a superior amount of cling. Cling is important and helps the wrap stick to itself and stay on the load. Excellent clarity, clarity is important when scanning loads and inspecting product damage. Great tear resistance is important for loads with sharper edges or jagged corners.
5. Price- The last and possibly the most important advantage is the price. Because pre stretched stretch film is already stretched out to most of its stretch potential, waste is less common. Reduction in film waste equals more affordable film.
Most businesses only care if their loads are protected and products arrive at their destination safely. If a pre stretch film accomplishes what is intended for the specific application, the price is a huge factor.
Online we sell our 18″ hand pre stretch film for $46 per case for a 1-5 case order, prices go down from there the more that is ordered.
Online we sell our standard 18″ 80 gauge hand stretch film for $56 per case for a 1-5 case order, prices go down from there the more that is ordered.
That is a substantial difference in price and savings if pre stretch film meets your needs. Call us today at 1-800-441-5090 or visit us at www.uspackagingandwrapping.com to order, ask questions or request a sample.