Making the decision to purchase an automatic stretch wrap machine can be a difficult one to make. They cost more than semi-auto machines, and both achieve the same end result. So what are the benefits of an automatic stretch wrap machine and how do you know if it will benefit your business?
The number one benefit of an automatic stretch wrap machine over semi-auto machines is efficiency. This article will help determine if an automatic stretch wrap machine is needed for your business and what benefits they may provide.
Production Indicators To Justify an Automatic Stretch Wrap Machine Purchase
- Full time forklift operators
- Forklift operators with idle time while pallets are being wrapped
- Delayed outbound product shipments due to warehouse inefficiencies
- Outdated stretch wrap machines
- A dedicated warehouse worker having the job of running stretch wrap machines
Let’s look at the process of operating semi-auto machines vs. automatic stretch wrap machines.
Semi-auto Stretch Wrap Machine
- The pallet is placed on the turntable.
- The operator has to get off the forklift.
- The operator has to tie the film to the pallet load.
- If the machine has an auto photo eye the operator can push the start button and let the machine go to work/ if the machine does not have a photo eye the operator has to manually adjust the carriage up and down while the turntable is moving.
- Once the load is finished the operator has to cut the film and attach it to the pallet.
- The operator gets back on the forklift and removes the load from the turntable.
Automatic Stretch Wrap Machine
- The Pallet is placed on the turntable.
- The operator pushes a button on the wireless remote.
- The operator removes the load from the turntable when finished.
The ability to keep forklift drivers on the forklift is one of the major benefits of an automatic stretch wrap machine. An automatic stretch wrap machine allows operators to drop off the pallet load, push a button and go get the next load. By the time the driver reaches the machine with the next load it is finished wrapping.
Check out the video below for a demonstration of an automatic stretch wrap machine. We offer semi-auto and fully auto machines online at www.uspackagingandwrapping.com or you can call us at 1-800-441-5090 with questions or quote requests. Normal lead times range from 5-7 days of a completed order for our automatic stretch wrap machines.